.....Once a Carnegie Library. The Carnegie Library was built in 1909 and became the Anacortes Museum in 1968 and in 1977 was placed on the National register of Historical Places.
Interesting. Have you been inside? I wonder what the store in that museum? Old bones? Mastodons? A mastodon was found in Silver Springs Park once.
No, I'm not still mad at Blogger. Well, sort of. I didn't take the tiny pics off, I just took the names off 'cause the tiny pics still aren't showing up. It seems to be a problem around ze world. So, I'll wait 'til the pics show up and then I'll redo the links.
What a beautiful building. Libraries, I suppose, will soon become a thing of the past much like bookstores. Our children will grow up remembering snuggling up in bed with a good e-reader.
Glad to know you've been inside the museum...sounds very interesting. Glad also that you like ol' things...that means you might even like me a little ... (you didn't say you liked "really ol'" things)!...
11 comments:
I like. It's kinda grand but not too grand if you see what I mean!
Interesting. Have you been inside? I wonder what the store in that museum? Old bones? Mastodons? A mastodon was found in Silver Springs Park once.
No, I'm not still mad at Blogger. Well, sort of. I didn't take the tiny pics off, I just took the names off 'cause the tiny pics still aren't showing up. It seems to be a problem around ze world. So, I'll wait 'til the pics show up and then I'll redo the links.
Frustrating.
Re Images comment: Yes, the sweet swing is at our youngest daughter's place in Davie, Florida. She's also got goats now. Don't ask!
What a beautiful building. Libraries, I suppose, will soon become a thing of the past much like bookstores. Our children will grow up remembering snuggling up in bed with a good e-reader.
It's a handsome building! I'm glad it's still useful.
MB
I am so happy the building was saved and put to go use. Peace
We had a Carnegie Library in my hometown, but it wasn't nearly as elegant as this building. I'm glad this grand old building has been preserved.
Glad to know you've been inside the museum...sounds very interesting. Glad also that you like ol' things...that means you might even like me a little ... (you didn't say you liked "really ol'" things)!...
It's majestic and I want to go inside.
It's a lovely building.
I'm sure I could spend an hour or two there. Nifty building.
Post a Comment