SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Great-grandmother and Kylee


Two weeks ago when i went to visit my Mother on Whidbey I had not a care in the world. (HA) And then I had a flat tire and thought Darn, I'm not going to change it I have roadside service let them. So I called and they couldn't find anyone to come over to an island and then they found someone but it would be 1 1/2 hours before they would get here. OK I said. We proceed to wait. Dave, who sometimes has diminished mental capacity (because of the stroke) was waving to everyone and having a high ole time. Me, I'm just waiting. Steam rising. Finally some goodlooking young men stopped and I told them the whole store and they said hey we can change it right now-no waiting. So said Go for it. they did and I found out I had a really BAD tire. So off they went on their merry way (they were very good-looking) and I proceeded to the tire place only to find out that all 4 tires were VERY BAD. I saw them and they were. So 4 new tires later and lunch with my mother turned out to be dinner and on the way home a loaded dumptruck swooshed by splattering me with small rocks and now I have a crack in my windshield. WAH!!
Yesterdays visit turned out uneventful. Kylee came with and here is a picture of G-G-mother (91) and Kylee (13). I said to Kylee who is barely 5ft. Look you are taller that Great grandmother and she said snort, anyone is taller than GGM. Teenagers. MB

5 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

That is some story MB, at least they were good looking, otherwise you could have just said never mind we will wait. A person has to be picky. But I must admit that was a bit of a trying day. Sounds like Dave had a good time anyway.
Kylee and Great Grandma look so cute, better get some copies of that picture.
NANCY JO

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

"some goodlooking young men stopped"

...

"(they were very good-looking)"

Grandmother! Shame on you.
Who would've thought that you, of all people, would be getting scolded for being lewd and ribald. I tell ya.

Beemoosie said...

Sorry your day was so trying, at least you were all safe!!! Love the picture of Kylee and her GG, she will treasure that someday!

Unknown said...

What a day, don't you just love those kind of days, when you think it will never end! At least you all were safe and had some good scenery! LOL I agree with Bonnie, Kalee will treasure that photo one day!