



No big history lesson today. This is the Captain Whidbey Inn in Coupeville. Built in 1907 as a resort for big city folk on the mainland (Seattle-Tacoma). It is made entirely from Madrone' trees (Arbutus menziesii) which are very unstraight so it is pieced together.






2 comments:
Dear MB,
These madrones make a wonderful looking lodge! Have you ever stayed here?
I'd love to have a door that big. Sure would make moving furniture in and out a cinch.
Thank you sooooooooooooo much my little adoptees arrived in perfect condition... my boys love the openness of your heart... and we wondered how they must have felt flying?
I'm going to take a day to figure out what bed is right for such a special guest and then I'll send ya a photo of them in their new home.
Thanks again sweetpea!
WOW, I love it, red door and all!
Post a Comment