SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

OFF TO MY MOTHERS





Well, I went to visit my Mother today. Took the ferry over to Whidbey Island and drove up to her place. I met a MJ fan over there and will visit her when I have an extra day. We (Mother and I) to breakfast and drove around and I ran a few errands for her. We went up a long dead-end road because this old farm was being developed for houses. (hiss--boo) I found a little old timey cemetary down at the end of the road. Isn't the close-up of the cement angel striking? It is the Langley Woodsmen Cemetery and is the oldest cemetary in South Whidbey. Started in 1902. I was going to say 'opened up' in 1902 but that just didn't sound proper. So I hope these pictures are in order.
1. The lighthouse and housing at Mukilteo (where I catch the ferry)
2. Passing the returning ferryboat.
3. Cemetary Angel
4. Cemetary Angel

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was hoping to see a photo of the old farm? :( Glad you got to spend some time with your Mom, how is she doing? That cemetary looks so neat, and that angel in concrete is awesome! Great photos!

Alpicks Treasures said...

Glad you got to get away and see Mom. Are you getting any of the rain that we are suppost to get? Blow it down South. Love the light house. I just love them.

smilnsigh said...

Ohyes, booooo hisssss to the old farm being developed for houses!

Hope the old cemetery is safe! Glad that you took the photos though. Who knows? Can they move cemeteries today? -sigh- What a revolting thought.

Yes, I'm glad you got the shots when you did. Preservation on the Net.

Mari-Nanci