SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Monday, March 5, 2007

Views of whidbey






Lots of friendly deer---where can they go?


We went to my mother's today. She lives in Langley on Whidbey Island. It is a 2 hour drive. Not bad and lots of scenery. As you know my mother is 90, well 91 on April 2nd. She still lives by herself but now is beginning to talk about moving to the main land. It is very pretty on Whidbey specially being surrounded by water. She is very proud of her orchids. She has 3. And her crocus by the walkway. This is the Keystone ferry. It comes and goes to the Olympic Peninsula only. there is no town just a ferry dock. It is on the Ebby Historical Perserve. Next-----

5 comments:

Alpicks Treasures said...

I Love the deer. They just sat there wit out a care in the world and let you take there picture. You are very blessed to have your Mom and at age 90. WOW Enjoy her as long as you can. Thanks again for the goodies. Allison

Unknown said...

Someone was camera happy!! Loved them all, the deer look pretty healthy with all that green grass, and the island is lovely. Yes, treasure your Mom, she's doing good for 90, bless her heart!

Beemoosie said...

What a beautiful place!! The sun, and the flowers...sigh...I love that post office too! Everything out this was is just turning into cookie cutter this and cookie cutter that! It's good to see the older buildings used!

Beach Girl said...

Beautiful pictures...we saw deer at the lighthouse one evening, but it was too dark to get their picture.

Thank you for sharing. I just love these picture diaries!

Vanessa

Ellen said...

Dear MaryBeth,
I grow orchids and live on an island too. My mother is down visiting. She lives way up in NC. How nice that you live close enough to pop in and see your Mom.