SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Skagit Valley Daffodils




The Skagit Valley is world renown for it's Tulips but it also grows many other bulbs. the daffodils are just breaking color and give a yellow glow on their farms. The tulips are up about 3 inches right now. The big Tulip Festival is around the end of March and the beginning of April. More pictures at that time. The tulip colors are glorious.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Dear MaryBeth, I can't wait to see the tulips. We can't grow them or daffodils... unless we do the frig to cold treat and then plant and dig up... I had over 300 red and yellow tulips when I lived in Kentucky on this side of a hill that was in front of our home. And I crossed a bunch and made yellow and red stripes. I miss the crocus and boy howdy the scent of hyacinths too.

Beemoosie said...

That is incredible!!! My bulbs are still under a foot or more of snow!!!! what a pretty sight!

Alpicks Treasures said...

Just looking at them brings some sign of Spring. Thats very pretty and to get to see that every year. WOW

Unknown said...

Very cheerful, you can't help but have a good day seeing that site!