SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Red Letter Day


Yay, the chipper is here!!

Sassy mesmerized by the noisy motor. Sassy trying to jump in the dump along with the chips. Crazy dog.


Boy oh boy!! Today was a red letter day. The chipper came today. Yeehaw!! Now finally the storm debris can be chopped to smithereens. My son-in-law and helper brought it up. We all worked so hard today that for me it really felt good. But now that I write this I am TIRED. But in a good way. I made them lunch-sloppy joes and mexican rice-water to drink. Today is cold, with a cold wind but when you are working it feels invigorating. Sassy, the dog, is intrigued by any motor and the louder the better. She just watches and hopes something would pop out so she could...? It was amazing how fast the huge piles disappeared. We filled up the dump trailer twice and they dumped it by my compost pile. Now I have bunches of chips to play in all summer.

4 comments:

Beach Girl said...

We once had a neighbor's dog who would chase the snow plow! I always felt a little sorry for the driver who didn't really know how to handle it. On the other hand, it was pretty funny.

Vanessa

Alpicks Treasures said...

Watch that dog or it will get chipped? j/k Looks like alot of work.

Unknown said...

Free mulch right? lol

Beemoosie said...

I am so glad you have so much help! Oh yes, good mulch! Have a relaxing evening, maybe a cup of tea and a couple of pages of a good book before you are off to dream land!