SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Thursday, March 1, 2007

First cabin



This is a picture of one of the first cabin/houses in the Fir/Pleasant Ridge area. It was built in 1869 by Magnus Anderson, one of the very early residences of the fir area. The cabin was moved to Laconner. The other picture is the residence of Magnus taken from a newspaper article published in 1902. The man did good. The house no longer exists. Funny that the big house is gone but the cabin still stands.

3 comments:

Alpicks Treasures said...

I love the cabin. But its so small, its hard to believe they lived in that. Its a shame the house is gone. Snow yah? We get some acouple times a year, nothing to go out and play in. Have a good one.

Beemoosie said...

That cabin is wonderful!! It is funny how the cabin still stands! Tougher breed, that cabin is!!

Unknown said...

I'd take the cabin over the two, it would make a neat little guest house out back! lol