SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The last of the tulips...............................................

In the next few days the beautiful tulips will be beheaded. The the High School kids will quickly pick them up and take them back to school. There they will make beautiful Tulip petal murals on the front lawn of the school. After all. the object of the Bulb Companies is to raise bulbs, not flowers. The green foliage will remain on the plant to give it nourishment and energy and then will be harvested in mid-summer. In the Fall they are shipped all over the world. It is sad to see the beautiful flowers go in their prime but they will be back next year. They will be in different fields as the farmers rotate every year. This summer Cabbage and Kale will probably be planted there or another seed crop. Seed crops will be harvested not this Fall but the following Fall. MB






5 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

Well, it was nice while it lasted...
You've really brightened our days with the tulip and daffodil shots you've posted.

cieldequimper said...

Spring is so short!

From the Kitchen said...

I'm so glad that I found your blog and the breathtaking tulips! I'm a "becoming avid photographer" but right now I'm enjoying looking at photos and taking notes. Eventually, I hope my blog will be about food and photos.

Thanks for the beauty in my day.

Best,
Bonnie

EG CameraGirl said...

Wow! Your tulips finished before mine have even started!

Lowell said...

I remember the first time I saw those fields of tulips...I was stunned, actually, having never seen such before. I'm still amazed. Gorgeous photos, MB!