

Staghorn Sumac (Rhus typhina) While sometime annoying with it habit of producing many suckers is a beautiful fall foliage tree. I figure this qualifies for Floral Friday because it is so colorful and also has red spires of fruit. OK?? MB
To see more or to participate click on http://www.floralfriday.blogspot.com/






8 comments:
I love these trees Mary !!!! Great submission for the day.
The color of the tree is beautiful,
I think if fully qualifies for whatever you want it to qualify for...and you've taught me something else...a sumac tree with suckers. I didn't know that!
Certainly a pretty color!
I don't think we have these here in Florida. But I could be wrong. I don't know the diff between a sumac and a regular "ac" ...
That is one of the prettiest shaped sumac trees I have ever seen.
I enjoyed seeing lots of this in Portland this weekend. I'm hoping a few photos came out. I returned without my card reader, so I'll have to borrow one tomorrow. . . .
What a beautiful color! I think it definitely qualifies!
It's a beauty! All the staghorn sumacs here look sad now because a heavy frost hit them. They weren't as brilliant here as usual.
What pretty colors on that tree.
Post a Comment