Potato Harvest is going strong in Stanwood and Skagit county. the orange machine scoops up the potatoes and they go up the conveyer and drop in the truck and then they go to the farm where they are washed and sorted and shot back into a truck and look so pretty. Ready for the store and your house. Skagit county is one of the US largest potato producers (red I think) and Grant county in eastern Washington is the largest in the US bigger than Idaho. Unbelievable! NOT!! MB
4 comments:
This is your farm?
Love the photos! Takes me way back to my childhood ... while I wasn't raised on a farm, I spent lots of time on Minnesota farms...
The first photo shows a loaded truck very similar to trucks here loaded with oranges!
You say potato and I say orange? That doesn't work!
I have some photos of a potato harvest I have ever posted. I wonder why since yours turned out great!
Mighty scrumptious looking spuds.
Neat photos.
I find shots like this very interesting...
Post a Comment