SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Saturday, July 19, 2008

close to harvest





Pics of potato and the pea fields.
Potatos tops will be burned off and the potatoes left in the ground to finish and then harvested in Sept, October and even November. aren't potato flowers pretty.
The peas will be ready soon. Some fields before the others.
These are two of the biggest crops in the valley.

4 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Wonderful photos of crops! Well done!

crittoria said...

I love the potato blossoms. They're so pretty! At home I like to grow different varieties and enjoy the different colored flowers.

Janice Thomson said...

That's a heap of potatoes! I find the flowers are quite pretty too. Good shots MB

Anonymous said...

The flowers are pretty. We used to grow our own potatoes. I thought they always tasted better than store bought.

Abraham Lincoln
—Brookville Daily Photo