SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Eagle Nest



Here is an eagle's nest I photgraphed yesterday. The parent Eagle would rush to the nest--drop some food and go sit on the branch. The nest is in the lower left corner in the picture of the parent Eagle. It would happen so fast I wouldn't get a chance to take a picture. It was interesting to watch, though. The babies look full grown. Their backs are to me so they just look like lumps in the pic.
Click on the pics to enlarge tem and get a better view.

7 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Gosh not often one gets to see an eagle's nest - I'll bet the parent was keeping a close eye on you :)

smilnsigh said...

Wow, a real eagle's nest!

Wondering how close you were, and how close it's safe, to be?

Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh blog

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Amazing. I just called the boys in and we're just in awe. We have never seen an eagle's nest. Beautiful.

Smiles,
Lea

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have them in your area. I would have shaking knees.

Patty and I will be celebrating 53 years of marriage on July 12th. Think of it as a long-term relationship.

I have invited bloggers to offer suggestions on a gift for me to give Patty and the list would not be complete without your ideas.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Alpicks Treasures said...

They are just breath taking. What a sight to see. How lucky!

George Townboy said...

Beautiful shots. They are so tough to get close to!

smilnsigh said...

Btw, I revved up my Twilight blog again... When Twilight Embraces. Because I'm getting excited about 'Breaking Dawn' coming out on Aug. 2. :-)

Mari-Nanci
'Smilnsigh'
'Photos-City-Mine'
'When Twilight Embraces'