SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Urban sprawl



Yesterday was a cold sunny day and I thought I would go to the new Michael's to pick up some craft stuff. A new 'mall' was opened about 12-15 miles down the interstate. I've got time I can do it. So off I go and it is so sad to see the farmland getting gobbled up by commerce. It seems the whole state of Washington up the interstate will be one long strip mall. No demarcation for towns. I digress--
Here is a picture of one side of the freeway by the new mall and the otherside of the road. It is actually a park called Twin Lakes, very small,very pretty. It will soon be gone I suppose. I think it would be considered a wetland. Hmmmmmm......MB
PS. Today it is cold and snowing.

3 comments:

Alpicks Treasures said...

Its sad to see all of out counrty go commerical. Progress I guess they call that. The lake looks nice. I hope they keep it as a park. Hope your doing well, Take Care.

Unknown said...

You've got a Michaels, I'm so jealous!!

smilnsigh said...

-sigh- Yes, urban sprawl.

Or even, just houses along where I remember just empty land. Between my city and the small town I came from. Ahhh yes, it's the same all over.

Will every thing but the National Parks, be built on, eventually?

Mari-Nanci