

I am still researching the Klondike Mansion an Stanwood and I keep reading about Thomle Road and Thomle Bridge that crossed the Stilliguamish river separating Stanwood and Florence. Back in the early 1900s the river rose cutting off the two towns, even washing out the bridge on numerous times. Well Florence no longer exists except for one old store front and I already posted about the little town.I have never been down thomle Rd. mainly because I no need to and it is a dead end. So I dared to go and look what a treasure I found. I will be visiting it more this summer when they have food.
Sign
House of owners.






4 comments:
How ya doing there Marybeth? Love the pictures and your getting to be such a great camera gal! Merry Christmas!
Great find! Sounds like the food will be wonderful, and this is a lovely older home too.
Seems they should have at least a small sign, out where people pass by.
Advertising the fact that this food is available, though down a dead end road. But...maybe they do, come summertime. :-)
Mari-Nanci
Love all those old buildings, and that was very brave of you to go down that dead end road and find that house. Of course I have seen movies that didn't work out so good when going down dead end road, but never mind.
NANCY JO
Sounds like something I'd do, I'm always checking out roads. Glad you found this place!
Post a Comment