SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Friday, December 7, 2007

A day of Infamy


Today is December 7th and while it has much historic value it is also my youngest daughter's birthday. So that's historic to me. My baby, she moved to out a couple of years ago and moved to Burlington which is just up the road. Her father's little girl. Of course all the girls (I had 4 of them stinkers) thought that they were Daddy's little girl but Jolene knew she was. So it goes.
In Stanwood there is a huge older (think turn of the century) house sitting up on a hill overlooking town. It is called the Klondike Mansion. I have admired it for a long time but just didn't do anything about it 'til now. I found out how to get up to it but can only view it from the back, so no pic for now. I guess I'll have to go to the museum and hope I find it. Shannon is driving my car because her truck is still broken. TGIF! So I am homebound for awhile. Richelle and the little boys are coming up today and that's a good thing.
Here is a pic of a house I have always liked and it only just down the road from the Klondike one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it, I'll take it! lol Can't wait to see the other one your talking about, is it empty? I'd be finding a way in! Happy Birthday to your little girl!!

Beemoosie said...

Beautiful house! Happy Birthday to Jolene. It's my BIL's b-day too! Enjoy your time with family this weekend! And don't forget that cup 'o tea!

smilnsigh said...

I always love pictures of old homes. And I really await you finding out more about such a place as ... The Klondike Mansion. Wow, that must be really 'something.' :-)

Mari-Nanci

Tina Leavy said...

gorgeous house. definitely looks like it holds alot of charm and history.