SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday night thunder


We used to watch the sprint cars dirt track races on thursday and that is what it was called. But this is really thunder, rain and wind and just downright nasty. Typical fall weather out this a way. The wind has blown the many leaves in strange piles. It really looks like someone did it on purpose. We have four Sycamore trees on the east side of the front of the house and they are huge and full of rather large leaves. The leaves look like extra large maple leaves. Weird. But they were everywhere but now just in strange swathes. I grind them up and use them for mulch.
I couldn't find my pics of autumn leaves so this is a Mount Vernon barn. ENJOY!!

5 comments:

smilnsigh said...

"I couldn't find my pics of autumn leaves..." Well, the picture of the barn, and the gray sky, is very fine.

But if you ever need a particular picture, and you don't have one of your own, you can do as I do a lot... Go to www.dogpile.com/ and Click on 'Images' above the box where you type in your Search request. In the Search request box, type in ... well, for blowing leaves, I typed in "blowing Autumn leaves." And up came lots and lots of leaf pics. :-)

No need for you to really do this! I just love putting pics on my blogs, and I also love to share the ways I find pics. Even though I tend to sound like a *know-it-all* when I do this stuff. -sigh-

It's my frustrated old teacher personna. -grin- Which I should not give in to, as much as I do, I know! I even sound insufferable, to myself, when I do!!!!!! :-(

Mari-Nanci

Unknown said...

You've been in my thoughts all week, hope your doing good and finding comfort in all who care so much about you! Missed ya!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Just checking on you. Wondering if you all are doing okay. Loved the picture of the barn. Gosh, red barns always takes my breath. Been praying and thinking of you all and will continue. Give Kylee a big hug and yourself too from me.
Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Love
Laura

Alpicks Treasures said...

Were all thinking of ya, Lovely barn.

Alpicks Treasures said...

Were all thinking of ya, Lovely barn.