SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A few more leaves


These pretty leaves that look like maple leaves are actually Liquidambar (yes that is the botanical name) leaves also called Sweet Gum. They are so pretty, well shaped and do not get too huge. Late to leaf out in the spring and one of the last to color up and drop their leaves in the fall.

6 comments:

smilnsigh said...

I'll {*almost*} say that they are prettier than our Maple leaves. :-) Yes, they are lovely. And the fact that they last longer, is very nice too.

Mari-Nanci

Alpicks Treasures said...

Its pretty to see the fall colors. Hows your weather there? Its suppost to get cold here, did not know if your getting it too. Have a great day.

Nancy Jo said...

MB,
Well you sure know your leaves. They are pretty.
NANCY JO

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Just checking in on you. I pray that things are going good for you and yours. Have had all of you in my prayers and thoughts. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Love
Laura

Alpicks Treasures said...

I hope that you get your computer up and running soon, We miss you.

Tina Leavy said...

so pretty.lovely colors.