

I hope youall don't mind me posting this---because I am anyway and you are my friends who cannot be out here. It was a really nice (as it could be) service. Started with Vince Gill singing 'Rest High on that Mountain' and then a telling of Dave's live and stories by whoever wanted to say anythin. Next a song by John Denver 'Take me Home Country Roads'. The military playing Taps and the flag presentation and closing with 'Amazing Grace' by Leanne Rimes. We walked out to the burial plot and said a few words and prayer to say good-by and that was it. I think Dave would have liked and would have been happy at the friends and relatives that showed up.






6 comments:
Thanks you for sharing with us. It has to be hard on you, but your strong. Anything us blog women can do, please let us know. Were all thinking of ya. Take Care.... :)
Thanking for sharing with us. I couldn't be there but I was there in spirit and with love. I hope things are going okay, I know things have been rough but please know that I have had all of you in my prayers and heart. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Love,
Laura
This is your blog and you can post anything you wish. And this is something which you _should_ post. Thank you.
I too love 'Take me Home Country Roads' and 'Amazing Grace.'
Many hugs to you,
Mari-Nanci
Yes, thanks for sharing it with us, you were in my thoughts and heart! I'm sure he was proud of you all!
I am so happy that you shared this with us too. Just thinking of those songs you and your family chose just gets me. I echo Allison's thoughts and say let us know if we can do anything.
Your birthday this week too...I hope you find joy in it.
Love,
Bonnie
hugs to you Mary Beth.It looks like a lovely tribute to your husband.The songs are lovely ones too.
Post a Comment