SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Rucker Mansion

The Rucker's were one of the founding families of Everett wa.
the Mansion was built in 1904.


The Rucker Mansion, built high on a plateau southwest of downtown with sweeping 180-degree views of the city, harbor, and Cascade and Olympic mountains, was just the most prominent of many substantial homes under construction that year. The large brick home, with a wood frame veranda wrapping three sides, cost $40,000 to construct. The builder (whose identity is not known) combined a number of architectural styles including Italian Villa, Queen Anne, and Georgian Revival. In addition to the sumptuously decorated main floor and the second-floor bedroom suites, the mansion included a basement cardroom and billiard room and a third-floor ballroom.

8 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Oh wow, it's gorgeous and I'm trying to imagine the view!

Lowell said...

So who the sam hill lives here? What a place! My favorite kind of houses...multi-architectural with lots of porches and nooks and crannies.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Wow, $40,000 for a place like this. I bet the views ARE amazing.

Lois said...

Very elegant and I'm sure that's one heck of a view!

Elaine said...

Beautiful house and with the view property I'll bet the price on it would be astronomical now.

Gaelyn said...

Awesome, but glad I don't have to pay the heating bill. Is it still privately lived in?

EG CameraGirl said...

I bet that house was built when an ordinary home cost about $500. Mighty nice and definitely out of my league.

Magpie said...

What a beautiful home! And to have the card room, billiard room and ballroom...they must have had a large family. Wish I could buy it for the original construction price.