SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Country Roads

The state of Washington is pretty much cut in half--north to south--by the Cascade mountains. Eastern Washington hot and dry Western Washington wet wet and covered with mostly conifers so it seems green at all times.
Here is a country road on the West side.




This is a country road in Adams County in Eastern Washington. Flat and dry--excellent ranch and wheat country. Ritzville, where my daughter liver, is in Adams County.


8 comments:

Gaelyn said...

And the two sides are so different, yet both wonderful in their own way. I love the smell at the divide.

cieldequimper said...

I hope it won't rain all ze time.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

That's a striking contrast. I have always been partial to things in the West.

Magpie said...

Such a dramatic difference. I love the scenery of the west side best, but am partial to what grows on the east side. The best of both worlds.
Thank you for your kind words. And you always make me smile. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

What a difference a mountain range can make!

Lowell said...

I like 'em both but if I were to live there, I'd opt for the wet, green side. That's probably 'cause I'm already old and moldy.

Rose said...

I do like...I think I could fall in love with Washington. It sure is a beautiful state.

George said...

These are two very different roads, but each is beautiful in its own way. We really have to get out to Washington one of these days.