The women are resting (so they say--I say gossiping)...
So lets sash-shay our feathers away.
Shhhhhhhh
BTW: These are Trumpeter Swan. They winter over in the Valley.
I took these today down in Skagit Valley--It was a nice day. We still have a few feet of snow at our house but seeing that the valley is almost sealevel--they have NO snow.
To see more birds from around the world go to http://www.pineriverreview.blogspot.com/
MB









14 comments:
Gossiping and planning a shopping trip no doubt. Wondering when the tulips will be out to get a bouquet.
I imagine you try to hang out in the valley as much as possible, hoping the snow will have melted before you head home! Lovely series of photos. The swans do have some travel plans to make, requiring a lot of discussion. After all, it's a long trip north. I look forward to seeing a few taking a rest stop here come April.
It's interesting to me that your swans travel back and forth while ours stay put. I've seen a few trumpeters in one spot never such a large group (except in your photos, of course).
I'm sure they are getting anxious as the time nears for travel. After 15 minutes in the air, they'll be wondering if they left the iron on. :)
MB
We always say there are advantages and disadvantages living on a hill seems you have the same. Still laughing about the snow. Peace
Nice to be able to leave winter for spring. Almost like a swan, but then you wouldn't see them up in the snow.
Well, geeses are funny! They do tend to gossip - I've noticed that. I've had a few chase me, too, which I though was totally inappropriate.
This gaggle doth not look too bad, though.
Oops, these are not geeses? Swans?
I swoon over swans!
Have you see The Black Swan?
I'm guessing these aren't Snow Geese then?
"Prehensile tail"?
You're gonna have to stop using such big words...I just don't have time to be running to the dictionary every five minutes!
Sheesh!
I think you purposely left off the "trumpeter swan" part to confuse me and see if I'd make a fool of myself.
Oh wait, I don't need any help to do that! Right? Don't answer!
And have a fun day!
It looks as if they are planning for a busy day. These are wonderful pictures of the swans and of the green field.
Who needs snow with such white geese?! :-)
By the way, if you google San Juan Chamula Church you'll find lots of information there.
I think they were gossiping about the lady with the camera...wondering if she was going to pay them for posing for her blog.
Such neat photos - I miss seeing those guys and hearing them too...
aren't they just gorgeous... so white & beautiful! =)
Post a Comment