


Florance was founded in the late 1870s early 1880s and was called a rival of Stanwood. The towns were separated by the Stillaguamish River. It had Stores, saw mills and even a large hotel. Both towns were often flooded by the river and finally Florence could no longer compete. All that remains of the business district is the is a store once owned by Jasper Sill who came to Florence in 1878.
An old barn nearly taken over by brambles.
A river project across from the old store.






3 comments:
Sad. But I'm glad you have recorded here, what's left. And the story of all that is gone.
Mari-Nanci
I hate to see old towns just fade away, so sad! Thanks for sharing the history with us!
"I am joining you with remembering, smiles, great people and most of all THANKS to those that protect us so we can be free. MB"
Thank you MB!!! For this wonderful comment in one of my blogs.
Mari-Nanci
Post a Comment