SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Monday, January 3, 2011

Historic Barn for Barn Charm




Beautiful place on Camano Island. We have bought organic hay from them.

The hay barn in the foreground was built about 1914 and the newer addition was made in 1938. The barns are located on the Kristoferson Farm established about 1912. The family owned the Kristoferson Dairy in Seattle and the Camano farm was managed throughout the years primarily by caretakers. Recently family has taken over the farm again after many years. They are restoring the creek, replanting native shrubs and growing organic hay.




To view more wonderful barns shake a leg oveer to Tricias at http://www.bluffareadaily.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

George said...

This is a wonderful barn. It's also wonderful that the family is taking over the farm again and growing organic hay.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Nice to know they are making hay again. :-)

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a NIIICE spread there! Holy cow, it's HUUUGE!
They gotta lota work ahead of them, but the place looks to be in good condition, it looks great to me!!! =)
I hope everyone clicks on the pic to enlarge it & get a good look at how HUUUGE the place is!!! WoW!
That's a cool sign, too

Gaelyn said...

Good for them. I like the barn and the setting.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love the idea that the family has taken over the operation again! Organic hay? I kinda thought most hay was organic...shows how much I know!

Nancy Jo said...

Hi MB,
That is a pretty barn. very LOOOONG.
When I lived at home we used to sell a lot of hay. Really miss the way a big barn thats full of hay smells.
We had a nice melt down for two days of out three feet of snow, but today its snowing again, so everything for the minute is a nice clean white.
How are all the critters and the kids?
Nancy Jo

Magpie said...

I love it..."the newer addition was made in 1938". And it's all still in use and being used. Lovely setting.

Lowell said...

It's huge! I thought it must be a dairy farm...glad that it's being restored and put to use. Maybe this is the family of Kris Kristoferson? Maybe?

Springman said...

That spread was hard to get in one frame!

Elaine said...

Fantastic barn. It's really nice that the family is taking over the barn again. There's something very special about the descendents of the original owners running the operation.

Birdman said...

What goes around; comes around. Good show!