We have had a lot of rain the past few days and most of the fields in the Skagit Valley were under water. Today the water has receded a lot. The Eagles love the wet and wild weather.


To see more sepia scenes go to:http://www.sepiascenes.blogspot.com/
13 comments:
Really? I didn't know that. They must be happy then.
Beautiful shot and their love of the weather makes perfect sense. They soar on the air currents to great heights. How could they not.
Nice one I love hawks and eagles
That's interesting about eagles. What is it about wild weather that they like? Do they enjoy soaring in the wind? I know very little about eagles.
Great photo MB - a postcard-like scene.
The receding waters probably leave a few carcasses for the taking.
We saw a bald eagle while hiking out of the canyon. My first there. It had to be migrating somewhere I think.
oh the poetry of solitude
The eagle is such a grand bird both in flight and at rest! A very interesting post!
Eagles love wet and wild weather, just like some photographers.
Re your comments on Florida Fotos: I dunno if Hemmingway's place smelled like cats 'cause we didn't go in...but there's a big staff so I'd guess they keep it nice and clean...
And yes, you should find our why and when your folks met ole Ernest! And then tell me.
I imagine that this is one smart eagle - perhaps he is awaiting the flood to drive some vermin out of their burrows and into the field where the bird awaits the next meal. An intelligent avian!
That eagle had a regal bearing -- the lord of all he surveys.
He must have wash and wear feathers. :)
Post a Comment