SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fish on!!!

A blogging friend, EG @ http://eastgwillimburywow.blogspot.com/ had done a similar collage and I just had to figure out how to do this. And....this is the best I can do. I may wrestle with it some more.

This is fishing (I call it elbow fishing) on the Samish River when the Salmon are coming in to fresh water from salt water. This is at the mouth of the river. My friend says 'poor fish let them go on up stream to spawn like nature intended' and he only fishes Salmon in saltwater. I respect that. MB

Click on the image to make it larger.

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I would tend to have the same reaction. It's all very well when there are but a few fishers but this looks... ahum... crowded.
As long as they aren't endangered I suppose it's okay.

The Town Musicians of Bremen is probably what you are thinking of! The Grimm Brothers collected that tale but they weren't Bremer!

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks like a major convention - kind of crowded there! I agree with your friend. Let the fish spawn!

Lowell said...

A very cool collage! But I agree with your friend.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Cool shots, but looks like the fish don't have much of a chance.

George said...

It's a miracle that any salmon get through this crowd to spawn upstream.
I think you did a good job with this mosaic.

Gaelyn said...

Interesting collage. Looks like a good salmon run to bring out so many. Wonder how many lines get tangled in each other. ;)

Magpie said...

Doesn't hardly look sporting. I agree with your friend's view. :)