SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sign #8~~Mount Vernon


As I was stopped at a light I saw this sign on the opposite building. I liked it.
Mount Vernon (pop. 28,000) Is about 30 minutes north of where I live. It has a nice old downtown where I saw this sign. The town is bordered by the Skagit River on one side and the freeway on the east side. All new stores and malls are built east of the freeway so a lot of people miss downtown which has many nice stores. It is worth a visit. MB

5 comments:

Lowell said...

A cute way to try to revive a downtown...so many towns have lost their viability when freeways passed them by.

Hopefully, this one will continue to thrive.

Gaelyn said...

Mount Vernon was the first place I landed when moving to the PNW. I thought it was cute then. Hope the old part of town can survive the newer development.

George said...

What a neat sign. I hope it helps attract people to the downtown area. The downtowns of too many small towns in our area are dead.

Janice Thomson said...

Nifty sign - can think of a few places where that would be helpful.

Lady Di Tn said...

Downtowns are usually the best part of any town. Too bad bypasses and freeways take you away from the true chacter of a town. Thanks for sharing. Peace