Make hay, make haste... Still VERY hot here, I bet they are doing the same thing in the fields, or maybe they are done already. Your photos make me dream.
When we started baling hay when I was growing up we always had to keep one eye on the sky. Nowadays it's possible to wrap the hay rolls in plastic to protect them from the elements. Progress...
Is this all automatic? When I was in my teens I spent a summer working on a farm in central California...we baled hay and I worked the back of the baler. God, that was awful work in 90 degree weather. I didn't think I'd ever get clean or get all that hay off my body!
I took some hay photos this morning. Great minds, MB. (But don't be too scared that you sometimes think like me. My mind does just fine limping along with a few less cylinders than normal.)
5 comments:
Make hay, make haste... Still VERY hot here, I bet they are doing the same thing in the fields, or maybe they are done already. Your photos make me dream.
Seems to be the way in western WA, to quickly cut the hay while the sun shines and pray it doesn't rain before it's out of the fields.
When we started baling hay when I was growing up we always had to keep one eye on the sky. Nowadays it's possible to wrap the hay rolls in plastic to protect them from the elements. Progress...
Is this all automatic? When I was in my teens I spent a summer working on a farm in central California...we baled hay and I worked the back of the baler. God, that was awful work in 90 degree weather. I didn't think I'd ever get clean or get all that hay off my body!
I took some hay photos this morning. Great minds, MB. (But don't be too scared that you sometimes think like me. My mind does just fine limping along with a few less cylinders than normal.)
Post a Comment