SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Himalayan Poppy



Meconopsis betonicfolia
To see more flowers go to http://www.flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com


33 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

MB: you did a nice job of showing off the blue in this flower.

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Beautiful, delicate and unknown to me.
hugs, Denise

Marcos Santos said...

That beauty!

Resembles themselves as crepon paper.

dot said...

Beautiful blue color!

Pat - Arkansas said...

I have never before seen a blue poppy. It's gorgeous!

Janice Thomson said...

Beautiful photo MB. Those poppies are gorgeous. With all the reds and yellows it's nice to see blue in the garden too.

Stephany said...

I love this poppy, MB. Great job picking up the color!

Stephany said...

Oh, sorry, my flower is here. (Piedmont Perspective)

Carletta said...

Stunning!
Blue and gold contrasts - I love this.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow! Is that the real color? Cool!

Maria said...

What a beautiful blue colour, and gold in the middle of the blossom!

Tom said...

I never realise you could get such a colour of Poppy... beautiful

MumbaiiteAnu said...

Gorgeous blue poppy!

Check out mine here and help me identify it.

Flying Solo said...

Great shot and colours MB! Fantastic!

nonizamboni said...

Well, you have a new fan! I love any blue flower I can see and this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

June said...

Beautiful!

Lara said...

wow, what a nice blue! a miracle in the shape of a flower!

EG CameraGirl said...

Are these growing on your property? If they are, I'm very jealous. Our weather is too hot and humid to grow them here in central Ontario. I've tried several times! Meconopsis grows well n the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec and in western BC...but not here!

Rune Eide said...

Thank you for showing us Himalaya ;-) !

April said...

Gorgeous Poppy - I love the colors of gold, blue and white together. Beautiful photo!

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Beautiful color. Good shot.

Só- Poesias e outros itens said...

Beautiful blue
I love it.

JU Gioli

Ilanadavita said...

Unusual blue. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I love this flower and your photo of it.

Paz

Alpicks Treasures said...

So pretty.

Cátia said...

wonderful flower!nice picture

mrsnesbitt said...

Now that is a lovely lovely shade of blue.

Art and Poetry said...

You have some great photo and the colours are beautiful!!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Flower and blue wordless!!!

Great post in TODAY'S FLOWERS.
Thanks for you support!

Santilli

Daniel J Santos said...

beautiful colors, excellent.

George Townboy said...

Awesome shot!! Beautiful flower.

Unknown said...

I LOVE blue flowers, great eye! Come and claim your award girlie!!

DeniseinVA said...

This photo is gorgeous and what an exceptionally pretty flower. The blue is wonderful.