SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Monday, February 25, 2008

Work Party.






I got bunches of work done outside yesterday. The two little boys, Brett-9 and Bradley-8 next month are just the best helpers. Two of my daughters, and two little boys and of course myself we worked all day. We raked leaves and hauled them to the compost most of the day. I leave the leaves on the ground over the winter as a mulch. Eventually leaves just have to be raked. Cleaned out the hay storage part of the barn and Brett drug most of the largest pasture. My son-in-law showed up in the afternoon and he graded the driveway with the tractor.. I made home-made tomato (Pioneer Woman's recipe) and then when it was all done and we looked sorta grubby we went out to dinner. We laughed and Laughed. What a fun day it was.

3 comments:

Zan Asha said...

Hehe...now that's how work SHOULD be done! :)

Alpicks Treasures said...

Glad you had a nice day with your family and a fun one too. Rakeing can be such work, but with your little helpersmakes it nice to have. It looks like your warming up out there? We are suppost to be in the 70 this week. Maybe???

smilnsigh said...

Glad you had such a great day. Plus got so much done.

Pretty funny to look at your area, and then out at all our new snow. I don't know how much has fallen, and it's still coming down. Seems unreal, that you are raking up leaves and doing all that spring stuff.

I love the red pots as accents, for your gray house. Or at least, it looks like the house is gray. Love gray and red.