SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Cordwood cabin



I love this old house or cabin. It is made with the butt-ends of small logs which is think is called cordwood. It is on Camano Island which is just a bridge crossing from Stanwood. One road in, one road out, right through Stanwood. It is west of Stanwood and I am East of Stanwood. I am up in the hills and it is sea level--so close but not so close. Check the moss on the roof. I just want to hug this little place.

5 comments:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I'm in love!I'm in love! That is just breath taking. Or it is to me. Love the photos. Keep up the good work. Have a safe and happy holiday. We are staying in, having a memorial service here in our town Monday and my oldest son, who is in the military is in the parade.
Laura

Unknown said...

I'm a cabin hugger too! I love it, and want it!

smilnsigh said...

Ahhh, that's what a cordwood cabin is! I've seen a blog called 'Life In A Cordwood Cabin' but never knew exactly what it {that type of cabin} was.

Mari-Nanci

Alpicks Treasures said...

I love the cabin. It amazes me what they used to build them.

Nancy Jo said...

The cabin is really cute, I want one. Don't think I will get to see that one anytime soon, the directions made me laugh.
NANCY JO