SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Valley Farming





Ellen wanted to know how far away the mountains were in the valley farming picture. So I thought I'd show some more farming pics and tell you where I lived. I'll try anyway. I live about halfway up the hills behind the set of trees in the right hand side of the picture. These are the Cascade foothilld, the big snowcovered Mts. are behind them, to be seen on a less cloudy day. It is about 20 minutes to where I took that pic. Down hill. I took all these pictures today. Two on Fir Island close to me but still in the valley the next two about 20 more minutes away--same valley. Fir Island becomes a island because it is between the North and the South forks of the Skagit River. Good enough? Check the track on the tractor. It can get muddy here and a track doesn't get stuck like wheels do.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Thanks for putting this up for me. I will have to go play with my new map

Unknown said...

I love the smell of the earth being turned and planted! I wanna farm!!