SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am back with a.............

...........BULL SNAKE!!!

My son-in law took this picture, laying on the ground, right in front of the snake, yesterday at their ranch in Eastern Washington. We don't have snakes here-----THANK GOODNESS.

Well we have little Garter Snakes and I caught a huge one once but this one--no thank you!!!............



9 comments:

Anzu said...

I am not crawlers-hater at all.
He has lovely eyes, however
I'm sorry to refuse to keep him
as a pet.

EG CameraGirl said...

EW! Your son-in-law is way, way braver than I am!

I am having trouble uploading photos to my blog. I remember you having a similar problem. What did you do to correct the situation? I have emptied my cookie cache, changed browsers, uploaded a new version of my browser...aaach! This has been a problem since yesterday!

Lois said...

Yikes! What a brave son-in-law you have.

Lowell said...

That's a biggie. I don't think these are dangerous, are they? If so, your son-in-law may need lessons in caution.

Great shot, though!

We've had a couple of Eastern Diamondback rattlers in driveways here at Stone Creek...they are definitely scary!

tapirgal said...

Kudos to your son-in-law for the photo! I love snakes as long as I don't think they'll bite me. I kept some as a child and teenager, and still think they're cool. However, I don't wish to be bitten, even by the non-venomous ones.

MB, I used the Amazing Salmon Bench on my Animal Art Along the Way post today, with links to you and your Small City Scenes. It is so cool!!! Thanks!

cieldequimper said...

Oh no! Gimme spiders anytime.

Lady Di Tn said...

I do not think I would have laid down to take a photo of any snake. I did free a black racer from some netting this weekend. Prince stood back and just watched. After he was free of the netting and fell at my feet, I just kicked him off the porch. Even if I had had my camera, I would not have gotten down low to take a photo. Silly SIL. Peace

George said...

Your son-in-law is much braver than I would be!

Alpicks Treasures said...

Hes very pretty but I dont want hiim at my house.