SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Monday, February 22, 2010

Stanwood

Stanwood on the right and Camano Island on the left.
Follow the red brick road to my house. About 10+ miles from Stanwood. Minutes to the water or wildlife or both valleys (Skagit or Stilly Valley) Skagit Bay to the N of the town and Livingston--Port Susan Bay to the S of town and the Stilly river and Davis slough separating Camano and Stanwood. Stanwood elevation is 5 and mine is around 1000ft. up in the woods. Population is 4500.

Camano Island is a small island 16 miles long and .75 miles at it's narrowest and 6.6 miles at the widest part---around 13,000 inhabitants.



5 comments:

Lowell said...

Thanks so much for this. I had no idea so much water abounded. It looks like the Garden of Eden!

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» thanks you for posting this, MB. He had been intending to pull out the atlas to locate Stanwood - and you've done it for him. He thought Stanwood was east and further north of Seattle. Well, he had the north part partially right... ;-)

Rose said...

I like maps...always have. Now I just want to get out and atlas and look at your surrounding area or oh, I will go to google earth!

Rose said...

I have been looking on google earth, and could sit and look and look! But then they say the grass is always greener on the other side.

George said...

Thanks for showing us your hometown on the map.