This is a view of Stanwood from Camano Island across Skagit Bay. The tide is way out. The exposed pilings are all that is left of early log storage for a mill. Taken 2-21-10
Now there are a couple of magnificent images. I hadn't realized Stanwood was essentially right on/near the water. I know you mention driving to Skagit Bay but it always sounded a ways away.
Not 2010 but 2011 will be the year I hope to have time to explore north of Seattle. You've given me just about all the reasons too, and the last one... turquoise... :-)
5 comments:
Now there are a couple of magnificent images. I hadn't realized Stanwood was essentially right on/near the water. I know you mention driving to Skagit Bay but it always sounded a ways away.
Those mountains are splendiforous!
Nice shot of your town from across the water, even if the tide is way out.
Not 2010 but 2011 will be the year I hope to have time to explore north of Seattle. You've given me just about all the reasons too, and the last one... turquoise... :-)
There's an 'o' too many there! ;-)
Thanks for showing this view of Stanwood from the island.
Post a Comment