Calendula---A pretty perky flower that will bloom well into the winter. Also called 'pot marigold' referring to it's use as a herb in cooking. Also used in earlier days as a dye. Can be almost invasive in a formal garden so be careful where you plant it. MB
Please visit www.floralfriday.blogspot.com

5 comments:
Very pretty flower. Hows your knees doing? Hang in there and do whats BEST for you. love ya.
I'm sorry to hear that that it can be almost invasive. It definitely is pretty. I like the color.
Looks like a pretty perky posey. I like the tinges of red amongst the yellow.
So what's another "invasive." We pull up hundreds of trees every week. Which doesn't mean much 'cause here everything grows into a tree!
Yikes!
Interest was peaked? What is flavored with this herb? It is a pretty little thing. Peace
Beautiful flower. Brings sunshine on a dreary day.
Post a Comment