SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Winter blooms

Winterblooming Heather. Camellia buds--the promise of Spring.

To view flowers from all over the world or to participate click on the Yellow Sunflower on your right.




22 comments:

Ilanadavita said...

Nice shots. Happy 2009.

sweetmom said...

pretty flowers, I love the color, so wonderful.

Gill - That British Woman said...

great photos,

Gill in Cnaada

Unknown said...

I have buds on my one camellia too!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Lovely! I noticed today at church that the pink camellia in our garth has bloomed. They have such lovely flowers. The hearther is beautiful.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh these are beautiful, i can't wait for spring to get here.

Norm said...

what a pretty purple flowers! great shot!!!

Reader Wil said...

Yes you've also got camelia buds. Mine have red flowers. Great pictures.

Naturegirl said...

Lucky you..your buds are further along than mine! Here we are still w/ ice and snow! Happy day with smiles to you!

Leora said...

Ah, I've got heather today, too! I love the idea of photographing buds.

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Your blog is very creative and colorful. your creations are extremely attractive. How did you cope with such ideas?.. Let your creations reach beyond our imaginations

Anonymous said...

Nice to see some colour in our gray world up here in WA State.

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Hi Mary Beth

Wonderful and delicate flowers!
Thanks for posting in TODAY'S FLOWERS.
Hope to see you every week!
Hope also you have a Happy 2009!

Luiz

Arija said...

Ericas and the Japanese Camellias are good winter hardy plants. Nice shots, well chosen.

Ingrid said...

Very pretty flowers ! It's hard to find one now in winter, except in flower shops

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary Beth: Beautiful captures of the neat flowers.
BTW: I think you were right with the Gazanina.

Alpicks Treasures said...

Very Pretty

EG CameraGirl said...

I've tried growing heather here but I'm afraid either I'm one zone too cold or my soil isn't acidic enough...maybe both!

George Townboy said...

Beautiful!!

Olga said...

I'm still waiting for the snow...then, the spring can appear :)

Carletta said...

The second heather I've seen today (Leora's).
It is really pretty.
Those buds sure show promise.

Flying Solo said...

spring will come :)