SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How high's the water, mama?

2 feet high and risin'. (thanks Johnny Cash)
This house is in Stanwood down by the Stillaguamish River. They have a boat ready. The second picture is the road---that was a far as I could go. I was going to the Organic Farm at the end of the road. They have no way out except by boat.



6 comments:

Alpicks Treasures said...

I am sure glad that you are on high ground, I feel for that person. I hope its not in his house. The boat adds a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

WoW! Awful just awful! I mean the flooding, not your photos!!! I didn't know you had this blog too!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You do have a lot of water.

Anonymous said...

Stacey and I went to Hovander Park today and based on where you could see debris on the branches and fences, the water must have flooded well over four feet high there. Some of the banks of the river have eroded away too.

George Townboy said...

Wow, what a flood! That was caused by the unusual amount you got?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary Beth: Certinly something we can't control, when water rises all we can do is head for safer ground.