SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Inside and outside




This is an Iceland Poppy.
If you would like to see more pretty plants go to www.flowersfromtoday.blogspot,com

14 comments:

dot said...

Stunning! Love the color.

Sherry said...

Great photos of this gorgeous flower.

Norm said...

love the color too, very beautiful..I love it!!!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Iceland poppies are among my favourites, MB. I used to plant them every year...but unfortunately the local bunny population likes them too.

Just as they were about to pop open, a bunny would find it. Apparent;y bunnies consider it a fine delicacy because they'd find every one!

Tom said...

Your Iceland Poppy is delightful... and such a nice shade.

Anonymous said...

So, this is the proper name. Iceland Poppy. I got an assortment of this plant in seeds that I purchased way back in March and when I planted them in April or May they came up, attracted a host of pollinators and photographed beyond belief. I see that I will need to search for more seed for next year. Very nice capture.

My flowers are at Thunder Maker

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marybeth: Very pretty poppy you have shown today.

Reader Wil said...

I like Iceland poppies. You'll probably have noticed that my avatar represents poppies. It's taking from Norwegian Poppies. Thanks for your visit. You've got a beautiful blog.

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for your visit and the name of the middle flower. I shall correct it immediately. Every time I learn new things.

Reader Wil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cátia said...

goegeous flowers!love the colors

Carletta said...

Hi MB,
This is stunning!
Truly - excellent.

George Townboy said...

Awesome photo, beautiful flower. You keep getting better!

Janice Thomson said...

Gorgeous macros MB! Poppies are such a beautiful flower.