SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day


When we were kids, on May 1st, we used to make paper cones and put flowers in them and put them on the neighbors front doors and then knock and run. It was fun to see the surprised faces. I think they knew who put them there but they were good sports about it. I think some of the flowers were even out of their yards. My kids used to do the same thing even though we didn't live in a neighboorhood they would hop on their ponies and find an unsuspecting house and give them flowers. A nice tradition I thought,. MB

5 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

MB,
Happy May day!!
If I lived nearby I would put some possies on you door.
Jack and Dave read your post before I did and are hiding in the closet. I told them that BINGO was not really comming that you were just kidding.They said they would be out pretty soon, they were trying on Richard's shoes.
NANCY JO

smilnsigh said...

Very precious. I've heard of doing this. And even wanted to do it, when I took care of first Grand, when she was still little. But... sad to say... we never did it. -sigh-

Mari-Nanci

George Townboy said...

That is nice! Never heard of anything like that ...

Anonymous said...

Happy May Day! I don't every recall celebrating the first of May. Hmmm...

Paz

Unknown said...

I love this old tradion, too bad they don't do it anymore, if I lived close to you, you'd find tons of flowers on your door!