

Progress! I guess we cannot stop it even if we tried. I don't live in Stanwood proper, I live a bit out of town up in the woods (sorta). But look what is happening to this delightful little town. And this is right in town too. I showed you pictures of downtown Stanwood before with it's brick lined street--country yet all the up to date stores.






6 comments:
MB,
I don't know what happened t Stanwood, I can't find the pictures. But I know what you mean about small towns changing, the one I grew up in doesn't look anything like it did when I was at home. Very sad. People should just leave well enough alone.
NANCY JO
What happened to the photo? I wanna see!!
Progress is everywhere, even if we dont like it. Enjoy your land since its still in the counrty.. Have a great day.
MB,
There it is! Yea all new houses, I like the older ones they have more charm, might be falling apart but charming.
NANCY JO
There they are!! I know how you feel, progress is needed I guess, but I hate to see track homes come in and destroy the land, chase the critters out and make no sense of it? Such a shame!
-sigh- Yes, it happens. And if Stanwood is wise, the City Fathers will get on top of this. Pass local ordinances which limit what-can-be-built-where and etc. Otherwise, building will run rampant and...... -sigh-
I of what I speak..
Mari-Nanci
Post a Comment