SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Friday, November 12, 2010

Wintering in the Valley

The Snow Geese are BACK! They winter over in the valley and then in March or so (the farmers say please leave in March) back to the Siberian Tundra breeding grounds.
I am sure you all will see more pics of them. MB




9 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Yes I'm sure we will :-) but I don't tire of them!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Oh, I hope so! My old high school biology teacher is now a nature photographer and often talks about photographing geese at "blast off". Will you be doing one of those? :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

I think they are beautiful birds but if they leave the kind of messes wherever they go that Canada geese do, then I can understand how they might overstay their welcome. :)

Lady Di Tn said...

Wow, when you show these wonderful birds it never ceases to amaze me as I can hear their honking all the way here. Like the time lapse on the lady mountain. Peace

George said...

I can understand why the farmers are hoping the snow geese leave before Spring planting time. But they certainly look beautiful in these photos.

Magpie said...

I love this! Because I remember you posting about them before - probably in February or March. So, it's like we've been friends through this cycle of life. :)

Gaelyn said...

Must be almost deafening when so many of them fly in. I certainly look forward to more pictures. Yet I sympathize with the farmers.

Unknown said...

You are so lucky, MB!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos!