There is an old adage about the ring around the Moon (Lunar Corona)and that is that it is going to rain or maybe even snow. We always said it meant snow and the snow didn't always show up. Oh ye of little faith. LOL I think the saying is thus:
'Ring around the moon or sun
Now the weather is on the run.' Now what does that mean. The weather is always changing around here so maybe we are on the run. MB









10 comments:
Great moon shots. I've heard the rings have something to do with moisture or ice crystals. And tomorrow it's full. Can't wait for next month's lunar eclipse.
Moon shots through trees always appeal. This is a good noen MB.
You know, I looked up at the moon last night and thought "I wonder if Mary beth is taking photos tonight?" Yay, you did!
You sure do get great moon photos, MB! It was so overcast here that I missed the moon completely! So I guess I'll just have to enjoy YOUR moon. :)
I've always heard that too... Very cool moon shots, love that close up!!!
Yeah, I know: from your deck; no tripod! Your skill knows no bounds! I think I'll nickname you "Moonglow." OK? ;-)
Just magnificent. The first one is something out of a 19th century romantic poem.
Very Halloween. Cool!
Beautiful moon shots. I also saw tings around the moon last night and this morning was just foggy.
Thanks for three great moon pictures.
Post a Comment