SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Monday, November 8, 2010

Pineapple Sage

Pineapple Sage (Salvia elegans) is a very sweet scented sage. I have always liked it and grown it. Sometimes it comes back and sometimes not. Weather and location makes the choice. Hummingbirds love it AND it is blooming now--FINALLY. It is an early Fall bloomer but I was wondering about it.



8 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I've planted this (and the blue variety) in my parent's garden when I used to dabble in gardening! No hummingbirds though.

George said...

I guess it's better late than never, but do you still have hummingbirds around?

Gaelyn said...

Very nice show of color. I really like that you plant flowers that will bloom throughout the seasons.

Magpie said...

Is it one you use in cooking? Does it have a pineapple taste? Looks lovely.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Now that's one I have never heard about. I would love to smell it.

Lady Di Tn said...

Nice plant. I like the golden rain in the previous post. My little plant you sent me has lots and lots of leaves. I was worried about it since it has been so dry but alas with the little bit of rain we had last week it has come brusting forth. Peace

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely! I had it come back...once. It tends to be an annual in my garden!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have never heard of this plant before. Looks lovely.