SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Friday, November 26, 2010

Daffy Duck???

On the ferry boat on my way to whidbey Island I spotted these silly looking ducks in the water. there were bunches of them. they are always very busy and when they take off the fly single file and promply land in the water again. they are Surf Scoters. Only the male has the loud colored bill. they are very comical to me. MB


6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

They are actually surf scoters. The male has the distinct black,white and orange bill. Great sighting!

Lowell said...

Good title...I find most ducks are "daffy." But they're great fun to watch. The surf scoters are quite pretty, actually. Or, the males are! Heh, heh!

George said...

'Daffy Duck' seems perfectly appropriate to me.

EG CameraGirl said...

They are funny looking! (Hmmm, maybe they might say the same about me!) I wonder what kind of ducks they are.

LV said...

Loved your ducky showing today. Nice post.

Magpie said...

They sound daffy for sure.