I Went to visit my Mother yesterday. Of course I spent the whole day. My Grandson Mike is home from college on Spring Break so he came along. He helped her with her computer. She seemed to understand what he was explaining---they looked so cute together--you know--19 and 94!!!
She gave me her silver thimble that belonged to her GreatGrandmother. Very special.
MB


10 comments:
How nice for your grandson to spend time and help your mom with her computer. It's fantastic that at 94 she's still computing!
And that thimble...what a treasure that is...looks like pure silver!
The best thing, too, is you won't keep sticking your finger now when you make all those clothes! ;-)
A beautiful thimble - and even more beautiful memory!
I think it was neat that you saw your mother and grandson together. It's also neat that your mother is using a computer. My Dad had to give up using his computer when he lost his sight at age 97.
I remember my grandmother having a thimble similar to the one you pictured.
That thimble is gorgeous! My sister has one that belonged to our grandmother made from 14 karat gold. I have always been jealous of it!
Reminds me that I need to get down to quilting again as soon as my tendonitis relents. I have my grandmother's sewing basket, complete with thimble, but nothing as nice as this one!
MB you are so confusing with all these young/younger, old/older people around you, lol!
Wonderful gift, MB! Your mother was very sweet to pass it along. Maybe she wanted to see the joy on you face when she gave it to you!
Your grandson must be a GREAT kid! Your mother sounds pretty amazing to be using a computer at 94!
P.S.: Mt Rainier is up on my other blog, JM said you would love it! :-)
I love the thimble. They're useful, too :)
Very pretty!:-)
You should have taken a picture of the two of them together...and that thimble is beautiful. How wonderful that it has been in the family that long.
Post a Comment