SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Thursday, March 11, 2010

farming sign #4

It's getting close to planting tim and a lot of farmers are plowing and disking. this piece of farm machinery is a pea viner---that's what we call them anyway. Peas aren't planted yet but pea harvest is usually June or July. Not too many farmers planting peas this year because the the processers have decided not to do peas this year. TwinCity Foods which is in Stanwood has always, since farming in stanwood started, been the processer so we will see what happens.



5 comments:

Rose said...

I wonder what all kinds of machinery I haven't seen...this one is new for me.

Farmers are really starting to move around here...we went over in Illinois yesterday and I forget how many big tractors and implements we passed.

Lowell said...

Pea viner is a new phrase to me. So, as so often happens, I've learned something new from you!

Let the farming begin!

Then the rest of us can eat! Yeah!

George said...

I've seen the yellow tractor highway sign many times in the Midwest, but this is the first time I've seen a pea viner. Are you telling us that peas are going to be harder to find this year?

Louis la Vache said...

It is amazing how specialized the equipment for farming has become. «Louis» has relatives in Texas who are farmers, and he can tell you none of this comes cheaply to the farmers!

EG CameraGirl said...

It's great to see the machines out and about. I haven't seen any out here yet but the ground is thawing and so very mushy. EW!