SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rainy Day Celebration~~~Mosaic Monday

Today was a gray, nasty , rainy day. A friend and I decided we needed a quick road trip to celebrate the end of January. We headed up the North Cascades Highway. It was drizzely all the way. We stopped at the town of Newhalem (closed during the winter except for a few hardy souls) and took a walk on the Trail of Cedars. We were so surprised there was no snow. Very strange---we are up in the mountains.

To see more of Mosaic Monday or to participate visit this site:
http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/

Enjoy MB

Click on picture.


10 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

What a beautiful drive and walk this must be! Wonderful scenes in this mosaic...the dark day created some nice subdued color...quite nice!

Lowell said...

So beautiful, MB. Each of these deserves its own post! You turned a crummy day into something special!

George said...

This is a beautiful mosaic of your drive into the mountains. It makes me wish I could get there for a visit.

deb said...

My favorite kind of scenery! Loving your mosaic. Makes me miss Alaska, much of the same shots.
What a wonderful walk nad to have it close enough to get to.
Thank you for your visit and sweet comment.
Have a great week!
*hugs*deb

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice! You made a rainy day look great!

Americana Lady said...

I lived in Seattle for a couple of years right after I was married. Washington has some beautiful places to see. I really liked your mosaic. I wanted to see a picture of your lovely porches. Do you have a post showing them? Thanks for coming by Americana By Candlelight, Joan

GardenOfDaisies said...

So beautiful. So peaceful. Thanks for sharing these small glimpses into the Cascades.

Lady Di Tn said...

Go south young woman and I show ya snow. Peace

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» doesn't want to miss your mosaics!

Anzu said...

I believe the hiking
around the woods
made you refresh.

The tree covered with moss
is beautiful.