SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Viola, Violets and Volunteers-Today's flowers

as I walked around my yard today I saw these sweet little volunteer violas reaching up saying "look at me". I just love them and they grow everywhere. I even found a patch of Sweet Violets. Enjoy!

If you would like to see flowers from all over the world or would like to participate click on the yellow Sunflower to your right. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>






17 comments:

Maria said...

MB, the violets are so lovely! I love their faces!

kayleen said...

So pretty and so delicate. Thanks for sharing.

Nebraska Birding

Reader Wil said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing! and for your visit.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Lovely, sweet flowers!!

VALKYRIEN said...

You have found a lot of them! They are so lovely, and they have such gorgeous colors!

Lanny said...

I really smile when I see those bright little faces! Gotta dig those freebies - hard working volunteers.

Thanks for the visit today!

Arija said...

They all have such pretty faces and I love the flush of flowers on the violts.

Flying Solo said...

They my favourite flowers!
Lovely yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pea in a Pod said...

Those are beautiful colors!

Mine is posted in my other site here;
http://yennygirl.com/?p=5255

Carletta said...

Beautiful shots! I wish my yard was as pretty. :)
I did find some violets yesterday.

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

DeniseinVA said...

You have got some beautiful flowers in your garden. Your photographs are lovely. Thank you for stopping by my blog and identifying the cactus photo. Appreciate that very much. Thank you also for participating in Today's Flowers :)

Ebie said...

Yes, not only are they looking aat you, they are smiling, too! Pretty cute flowers.

Tulip said...

i love the yellow flowers. so cute.

Quiet Paths said...

Gorgeous; I love that blue-purple. I have them too. They are such a brave little flower.

Janice Thomson said...

A delightful series of shots MB.

Anonymous said...

We took a hike to Lizard Lake last week and were delighted to see yellow stream violets along the trail. And the trilliums are out. Yay.

EG CameraGirl said...

I don't know yet if any violas or pansies survived last winter in my gardens...though I suspect a few have. I'll definitely purchase some a soon as I see them in the stores though. I LOVE yours.