SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pineapple Sage

My Pineapple Sage (Salvia elegans) is FINALLY yes that is finally blooming!!! I have waited all summer for it to bloom and now in December--here it is. It is also called Hummingbird flower but Hummers are gone for the winter. Oh well. I will enjoy it. It smells so GOOD!! MB

To enjoy flowers from around the world or to participate go to: www.flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com



9 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Amazing how these blossoms actually do resemble a hummingbird!
Lucky you having a hummer all year..one with wings the other with petals!

Carletta said...

Pineapple sage - I was expecting a yellow bloom.
It's beautiful! Wish we could experience the scent with you.

Anonymous said...

That's really great that your flower bloomed when you least expected it. Perhaps it had performance anxiety. :)

Happy Holidays.

Pea in a Pod said...

Beautiful bloom! Lovely shot too ;) mine is here;

http://yennygirl.com/?p=4094

Reader Wil said...

I learn every time I visit all your blogs! Pineapple Sage was new to me! It's a wonderful flower!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

MB: I have grown this and it does bloom wonderfuly. I like when you trim it and it sends out more blooms from all sides.

Cathy said...

I have about two dozen hummingbirds here that would love that salvia!

Flying Solo said...

You are a magician!
I cant bloom anything.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It's beautiful MaryBeth! Oh I need to see a blooming flower right now. I love winter but already miss springtime.

Christmas blessings,
Lea